WE FORGET SOMETIMES, BUT IT NEVER GOES AWAY
It seems I am still learning the ins and outs of blogging. My new IPHONE is great except I erased my calendar, so omitting a recipe is minor, But I do apolgize.
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Serves 6 to 8
-A recipe from the creative minds of Chris and Wendy-
- 17 oz. potatoes, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 lb. mushrooms, rough chopped (reserve 3-4 for garnish)
- 2 celery stocks, rough chopped
- 1 onion (small to medium), rough chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 litre mushroom broth
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 3-4 mushrooms, thin sliced
- Parsley, sprigs or minced
- A small dollop of vegan margarine
- Sauté chopped onion and celery with crushed garlic in margarine for 3-4 minutes or until onions appear translucent.
- Rough chop mushrooms and add to onions and celery. Sauté for 5 to 6 more minutes. Set aside.
- Place chopped potatoes and mushroom broth in a medium to large saucepan 4 litres? And allow to come to a boil.
- Add sautéed onions, celery and mushrooms to broth. Turn down heat and let simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Turn off heat and add almond milk.
- Place in blender and blend thoroughly.
- Garnish with mushrooms and parsley.
- Serve with vegan cheese and bread.
This soup will store for a week in the fridge. Reheat when you are ready.